Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Key to my Sanity!


Tired of a toy room you can't walk into or toys strewn throughout the house? I sure was! Have your sweet handy-man husband take a trip to the local Wal-mart for a new knob for the play room closet, one that has a lock with a key! I told the kids we were going to create a toy library. They are welcome to check video games, movies, dress ups, blocks, cars and all other toys out as long as their chores are finished and they have checked back in whatever they had out before. I keep the key around my neck and if we have company with more children over I put Ben in charge. The kids LOVE it! They come to me and ask if they can check something out. If they are dressed with beds made and other chores done they can! This has helped the children better appreciate what they have and enjoy their toys more! I of course am feeling better about keeping the house cleaned up...at least in the toy department!

No comments: